Divorce can be an extremely stressful process and the decisions made can have major, long term financial consequences. Accordingly, it is crucial that specialist financial advice is sought to ensure accurate information is obtained and appropriate decisions made with regard to the distribution of marital assets.
Whatever the reason for the split, you will probably be faced with all sorts of questions, such as:
- Where will I live and what can I afford?
- How much money will I need to live?
- How do we agree the split of our assets?
- How do I manage my financial assets that I will be given?
Holden & Partners will work with you in answering those concerns and provide a critical role in the divorce process. We can work in conjunction with your solicitor in negotiating an equitable financial settlement and avoid costly mistakes that could have repercussions for many years into the future.
The legal formality of getting divorced is a relatively straightforward process. What is less straightforward is sorting out the practical issues in splitting the financial assets to meet both the short term and long term goals of both parties involved.
Our divorce service can include:
- Helping you complete the Form E (which sets out your financial details). We can help obtain current information relating to pension plans, investments and savings in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Upon the exchange of the Form E, check for errors or inconsistencies such as inaccurate pension values (cash equivalent transfer values) or missing information.
- We can help identify and explain the various options in dealing with pension benefits.
- We can provide cash flow analysis to help you consider the implications of accepting a financial settlement and how it may affect your future lifestyle.
- If pension benefits are to be received, we can implement the pension sharing orders.
Holden & Partners has wide experience of dealing with the intricacies of divorce settlements and can offer highly qualified pension transfer specialists.
Following the completion of a divorce settlement, you may find yourself faced with tax, investments and pension planning decisions that you had not previously considered. We can support and guide you in dealing with all financial planning issues that can arise.
It’s important to understand your income and expenditure. We can help plan for your future through a cash flow model.
We’ll help you identify an appropriate level of life cover and income protection should the worst happen to you.
We will identify the most effective strategy for you and your family, taking account of your personal circumstances.